VANDALIA – A ‘Freedom Celebration’ to honor the Dayton area’s greatest generation of men and women who served our country during World War II will be held Saturday, July 2 in Vandalia from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Sightless Children Club, 950 Helke Rd.
Hear some amazing stories and view great displays. The celebration will feature:
• Members of the 101st Airborne Division ‘Screaming Eagles’
• One of the first female pilots that taught male pilots to fly
• Multiple Purple Heart recipients and other brave soldiers with their stories of D-Day and other major battles
• 101st Airborne Division reenactors informational display with actual items used in World War II
• World War II vehicles will be on display in the parking lot
Take a trip back in time as the Boyer Sisters perform some of the Andrew Sisters World War II hit songs.
Snacks and beverages will be provided.
Events sponsors are The Visual-Tech Connection and Enhanced Vision.
For more information call Ken Serey at (937) 669-1169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org