DAYTON — Rumpke residential trash and recycling service will not occur on Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 for residents of Montgomery County. Service will be delayed the remainder of the week.
• Regular Tuesday service will be delayed to Wednesday.
• Regular Wednesday service will be delayed to Thursday.
• Regular Thursday service will be delayed to Friday.
• Regular Friday service will be delayed to Saturday.
The normal service schedule will resume the week of July 10.
Here are some reminders about what not to place in your trash and recycling.
When celebrating the holiday, remember that the following items should never be placed in residential or commercial trash or recycling:
• Fireworks, firecrackers or sparklers (shells or pieces, even once used or emptied)
• Hot grills or charcoal
• Pool chemicals
• Lithium ion batteries
• Flammable, combustible or hazardous items
Contact the solid waste district for proper disposal instructions.
Please contact Rumpke Customer Service at 1-800-223-3960 or view a complete holiday schedule at www.rumpke.com.