VANDALIA — The City of Vandalia has announced its 2015 leaf pick up schedule.
The map shows the city divided into ten zones with each zone having four pick up dates starting the week of October 12. A full list of streets by zone can be found here.
Vandalia Public Works Director Rob Cron provided these reminders for citizens on the city’s website:
- Leaves MUST be raked into the street. Leaves on the grass behind the curb will NOT be picked up.
- In areas without curbs, leaves must be placed immediately along the edge of the pavement. Crews will not collect leaves piled more than one foot away from the edge of the roadway.
- Leaves mixed with twigs, grass or branches cannot be collected.
- Leaves, under, between or around parked cars cannot be collected. Move your vehicles off the street on your scheduled collection day to help expedite collection and insure the safety of our crews.
- Leaves can be placed in regular trash bags after November 1 until March for collection on your regular pickup day. Please…no more than two bags per week.
Reach Darrell Wacker at 937-684-8983 or on Twitter @VandaliaDrummer.