VANDALIA — The following is important information for parents of students in the Vandalia-Butler City Schools:
Butler Parent-Teacher Conferences
Please plan to attend the final parent-teacher conferences for this school year on Thursday, April 12, 3 – 6:30 p.m. To sign up, please call Mrs. Cindy Snyder in Guidance, 937-415-6309.
Social Media Presentation
The school district has booked Stephen Smith, A Wired Family LLC., to present a program on social media for parents in our District. The presentation will be Monday, Apr. 16 starting at 6 p.m. in our Butler PAT. There will be four main topics addressed during the program:
- How we have become a distracted society
- What can happen when inappropriate images are sent using technology
- How privacy does not exist (he will be providing examples of how easy it is to gain access to content)
- How social media can impact mental health
Mr. Smith has also written a book that he will be using as part of his presentation. It is titled Social Media: Your Child’s Digital Tattoo. If interested, the book can found on Amazon
School security update
Vandalia-Butler City Schools continue to investigate additional measures to maintain and enhance the security of our building for our students and staff. As they are implemented, some of them may mean an extra degree of inconvenience. We thank you for your understanding and support. Starting Monday, April 2, when visiting Butler High School during school hours (7:30 – 3:30), please be prepared to show a photo ID if the main office staff does not know you.
After Prom seeks donations, volunteers
The Vandalia-Butler After Prom Committee is proud to announce the 27th annual After Prom “SMOKE AND MIRRORS – CREEPY CARNIVAL,”to be held Saturday, Apr. 21, from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. at Morton Middle School. Please help support this event so that we can continue to provide a fun, safe, alcohol and drug-free evening for our students! How can you support this event?
- With a financial gift. What better investment can you make than to support the safety of your teen on Prom night? You may make your tax-deductible donation safely and easily by going to https://www.gofundme.com/vandaliabutlerafterprom. Or, you may choose to mail a check to Vandalia-Butler High School After Prom, PO Box 532, Vandalia, OH 45377. Checks should be made payable to: Vandalia-Butler High School After Prom.
- A contribution of your time. This event requires volunteers to help set up on Friday or work the night of the event. If you are willing to help decorate, please contact Lori Larger at email@example.com. If you are willing to work the night of the event, please text Brigid Slaton your name and e-mail address at 937-477-4679.
This event is put on solely through the donations of local businesses, service clubs and parents. We depend on the commitment of the community through their donations of time and money to help keep this great event alive. This event cannot continue without that great support! Also check out our Facebook page – Vandalia-Butler After Prom. Like our page and see pictures from years past. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!