VANDALIA — Butler High School’s Industrial Technology Education Department sent 30 projects and drawings to Columbus to the Ohio State Fair Competition. The purpose of the competition is to display some of the outstanding work that Technology Education students produce around the state.
Twenty-five Butler students participated in the Fair, displaying a total of 30 projects/drawings. Ten of those displays placed in the top five percent of their class. There were a approximately 250 displays representing programs across the State of Ohio at this year’s competition.
The instructor of Butler’s Industrial Technology program is Mike Brockert.
Butler’s State Fair Placers were:
- Brett Barnett placed first in Woodworking for his Cherry Shelf Project.
- Tim Smith placed first in Rapid Prototype Design for his 3D Plotted State Fair Logo Design.
- Tim Smith placed first in Computer Aided Drafting for his Inventor Drawing Project.
- Brandon Petrosky placed second in Graphic Communication for his CAD Drawing.
- Michael Rogers placed second in Architecture for his Vacation Home Design.
- Tim Smith placed second in Rapid Prototype Design for his 3D Plotted OTEEA Logo Design.
- Quentin Rucker placed third in Woodworking for his Cedar Shelf Project.
- Dylan Herbst placed third in Architecture for his Vacation Home Design.
- Cole Morgan Placed third in Woodworking for his Chess Board Project.
Reach the Vandalia-Butler City Schools at 937-415-6400.