BUTLER TWP. — News and events from Butler Township:
Fire Prevention Week
October 8-14 is Fire Prevention Week in the township and this year’s theme is Every second counts: Plan 2 ways out!
In a fire, seconds, count. Seconds can determine whether you and your family will escape safely from a fire or not.
That’s why the Butler Township Fire Department is joining departments across the country in promoting this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme, “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” – and the message that every household needs an escape plan.
Here are this year’s life saving tips:
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exists from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children house to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearing marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Leaf Pick Up
Butler Township residents will again this fall receive leaf pick-up as part of the trash removal service. Here are the details:
Leave your filled leaf bags out for pick up on your regular service trash day.
Leaf pickup runs from October 15 through December 15.
DO NOT rake your leaves into the street or gutter. They will not be picked up from there.
Questions? Please contact Rumpke Waste at 937-461-0004 or Butler Township at 937-898-6735.
Reach the Butler Township Government Center at 898-6735.