DAYTON — The Vectren Dayton Air Show is once again sponsoring its Young Eagles Contest that will allow the winning child to take a plane ride with legendary stunt pilot Sean D. Tucker.
Children between ages 8 and 17 on June 22 are invited to enter an essay contest with the theme of “What I imagine my first airplane ride will be like” or “What this flight will mean to me.”
The 2016 winner was Megan Reed, a 15-year old girl from Tipp City.
To be eligible:
- You must be between the ages of 8 and 17 by June 22, 2017.
- You have never flown in anything smaller than a commercial plane.
- Write an essay no less than 100 words and no more than 300 words on one of the following themes:
- Be willing to be interviewed by various media formats for promotion of the air show.
- Have a parent or guardian accompany you to the Vectren Dayton Air Show June 22, 2017 no later than 9:30 a.m.
- Parent/guardian must sign the standard Young Eagles waiver on the day of the flight.
All entries must be received by Wednesday, May 31 at 5 p.m. on the Vectren Dayton Air Show website at www.daytonairshow.com/2015/young-eagles/.
Reach Darrell Wacker at 937-684-8983 or on Twitter @VandaliaDrummer.