VANDALIA – On Thursday afternoon, November 17, patrons are invited to walk through the doors of the brand new Vandalia Branch Library for a ribbon cutting and review from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
Regular operating hours resume at the new facility, located at 330 S. Dixie Drive, on Friday, November 18.
“Patrons will love all of the unique, dedicated spaces for all ages and stages, said Vandalia Branch Manager Nancy Maddon. “There is truly something for everyone. The children’s area will be such fun for little ones – with a huge rocket ship in which children can read and play. Teens have their own space with a gaming system and a view of the Aviator’s Athletic Complex. Adults have a lovely reading room with a relaxing fireplace and technology galore throughout the building. The new Library will truly be a wonderful destination for the citizens of Vandalia.”
The new Vandalia Branch Library features:
- More than double the space
- Flexible 1,000 sq ft. Community Room accessible outside of Library hours
- Three 4-person Quads, a 6-person Group Study Room and a Conference Room, all equipped with wireless monitors
- A Quiet Reading Room with a fireplace
- A Technology Lab
- An outdoor patio
- An expanded Children’s Area with a “Navigation” theme
- TeenEDGE area with dedicated gaming system and hangout space
- Mobile audio equipment and editing software
- In-Library laptop lending
- An 800 sq ft Opportunity Space available for partnerships of varying lengths
- On-site vending area
- Three specially commissioned art installations
“The Vandalia Branch has always had helpful, intelligent staff ready and willing to assist our patrons, but now we have an amazing building that allows us to provide exceptional services to all ages,” Maddon said. “I can’t wait for the citizens of Vandalia to start enjoying their gorgeous new Library!”
Regular Library hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For more information, visit DaytonMetroLibrary.org or call (937) 463-BOOK.