VANDALIA — In preparation for a Grand Opening in its new facility, the Vandalia Branch of the Dayton Metro Library will close to the public on Wednesday, October 26, at 6 p.m. The new facility, located at 330 S. Dixie Drive next to the current facility, opens for regular operating hours on Friday, November 18. In the intervening days, materials, equipment and supplies will be moved. Returns will continue to be accepted at the current facility through November 16.
A ribbon cutting ceremony and sneak preview of the new Library, open to the public, are scheduled for Thursday, November 17, 3:30-6:30 p.m.
The new Vandalia Branch Library features:
- More than double the space
- An expanded Children’s Area with a “Navigation” theme
- TeenEDGE area with dedicated gaming system and hangout space
- Flexible Community Room accessible outside of Library hours
- Three 4-person Quads, a 6-person Group Study Room and a Conference Room, all equipped with wireless monitors
- A Quiet Reading Room with a fireplace
- A Technology Lab
- An outdoor patio
- An Opportunity Space available for partnerships of varying lengths
- Mobile audio equipment and editing software
- In-Library laptop lending
- On-site vending area
- Three specially commissioned art installations
Regular Library hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Reach the Dayton Metro Library at 937-463-BOOK or DaytonMetroLibrary.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU