BUTLER TOWNSHIP — The Butler Township Trustees approved an update to its zoning code at Monday’s regular meeting. The changes were largely technical and language updates to update the code and bring it into conformity with Ohio Revised Code.
“This is a general clean up of page numbers and organization of the code,” said Assistant Township Administrator Erika Vogel. “We have also added graphics to assist residents.”
Vogel said that inconsistencies in language was also cleared up. The updates have been a work in progress since April of this year.
Prior to passage, the Trustees held a public hearing but heard from none of the approximately 40 people in attendance.
Trustees and residents also bid farewell to Administrator Kim Lapensee. Lapensee will resign effective December 30. Vogel will become Acting Administrator on the same date.
“I’ve enjoyed my five years here, and the Trustees and staff have been great to work with,” said Lapensee. “I’ve always viewed this as a team effort.”
In other action, the Trustees authorized the Administrator to enter into an agreement with Bladecutters for snow removal that may require help from an outside company.
Currently, the Township’s Service Department is down two employees who are out on leave. One is expected back in February, the other in March.
In the event of a 6-inch snowfall, the cost of the contract with Bladecutters would be $8,125.
Other items approved were:
- A resolution to accept the township’s highway system mileage as certified by the Montgomery County Engineer’s office at 45.627 lane miles. This annual measure is tied to the amount of gasoline tax revenue the township receives each year.
- A resolution adopting an EFT Policy for the township. The policy will allow the township to pay employees by direct deposit and also send pay stubs via email.
- A resolution authorizing a renewal of a cleaning contract with Final Touch Janitorial Cleaning. The total amount of the contract will not exceed $10,200.
- A resolution to adopt a conversion plan for the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) for payouts of vacation, personal leave, and sick leave.
- A resolution to amend the final revenue and appropriations budget for 2016.
The Butler Township Trustees next meeting will be Monday, January 11 at 7 p.m. A workshop is scheduled for 6 p.m. Both meetings are open to the public.
Reach Darrell Wacker at 937-684-8983 or on Twitter @VandaliaDrummer.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU