DAYTON — Dayton Power and Light is offering a free utility-friendly tree for your home. Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 17. DP&L is partnering with locally-owned nurseries and garden centers to distribute 150 utility-friendly trees. The first 25 customers at each location will take home a tree. Tree selection may vary by location.
Participating garden centers:
- Angle’s Nursery, 3103 US-68, Bellefontaine
- Knollwood Garden Center, 3766 Dayton Xenia Road, Beavercreek
- North Dayton Garden Center, 1309 Brandt Pike, Huber Heights
- Siebenthaler’s Garden Centers, 6000 Far Hills Avenue, Centerville and 2074 Beaver Valley Road, Beavercreek
- Stockslager’s Greenhouse & Garden Center, 14037 Dayton Eaton Pike, New Lebanon
Utility-friendly trees reach less than 25 feet at maturity. These trees are less likely to cause problems with overhead and underground utility lines. View a list of recommended trees for the Miami Valley here.
Share photos of your trees
If you receive a Right Tree, Right Place tree from DP&L, we would love to see photos! Please share photos on social media using the #RightTreeRightPlace hashtag, and tag DP&L. DP&L is active on Twitter and Instagram, we’re @DPLToday.
Learn more about the Right Tree, Right Place program on the DP&L website www.dpandl.com/landing/righttree.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU